Thursday, January 17, 2013

Toys and books and naps

1. Target toys clearance was 70% off today and I was overjoyed to score Mina her first Cabbage Patch doll for only $11! Remember when those things were so hard to find for less than $100 when we were kids... some of you anyway...
2. There were also President Barbies for only $7 and I really wanted one. But it looks like Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann. Until they make one that looks like Hillary, I'll pass.
3. Ash got his 1st My Little Pony last week - Rainbow Dash. And today we let him pick another - Fluttershy. ;) love that kid!!
4. Bill washed the dishes, let me take a nap and cooked dinner today. It was the best day ever.
5. I started reading Angelfall while the boys were doing their homework. (A surprise gift from a great friend.) Classical music was playing which always inspires me to read. I'm on chapter 6 and so far it's really interesting. I've still put off finishing the last book in the Hunger Games series because I don't want it to be over. I'm still torn up over the end of Harry Potter. But I have JK's new book to read too - even if it's an adult book.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! The favorite ponies at my house are Princess Celestia, Apple Dash, and Pinkie Pie. I can't believe I remembered that! I haven't read Hunger Games yet. I'm taking a long train ride this weekend (alone), maybe I should download the series. Hm.

    ReplyDelete