1. Would someone please tell me why it's suddenly the new thing to put animal heads and antlers in baby rooms and nurseries?????
2. We went to LA today to see Winston. There are a few things we can always count on happening when we go. We'll eat good food, see weird people, shop at cool stores and see a celebrity or reality star. If you saw my Facebook status you'll know this was fulfilled on this trip...
3. Good BBQ is hard to come by in Southern California. We went to Baby Blues which has a scantily clad pinup girl holding a bottle of sauce as its mascot. The interior has wooden chairs hanging from the rafters as Holden pointed out. The tables near us were filled with men with handlebar mustaches, the Shahs of Sunset and a contestant on the X Factor. Oh yeah, the food. Excellent pulled pork and ribs. Tasty potato salad. The corn was grilled and rolled in Parmesan and squeezed lime - um... AMAZING! Terrible Mac-n-cheese and so-so cornbread. But overall for LA BBQ I was impressed. Lots of choices of sauces.
4. Driving down the street...
Bill: I just saw a guy with clown makeup.
Winston: Was he dressed as a clown?
5. I had heard there were special edition Hello Kitty shirts at Johnny Cupcakes and was going to ask Winston to get me one. Then we decided to pay him a visit and it's the first thing he brought up - he knows me so well. Their store is so cute!! It looks like a retro bakery and they display their shirts inside cake freezers and glass pastry display cases. There is a wall with faux oven fronts that randomly open and little bursts of steamy mist come out. And one wall is a giant oven that are actually doors into their storeroom. I bought a shirt and I was so excited that it actually fit. I've ordered tees online in the past from places like teefury and woot but the largest women's size never fits me! I have big boobs I realize but I know there are boobs bigger than mine and it annoys me they don't accommodate larger chested women. But this shirt fits perfectly and it's super soft. And it's Hello Kitty!